Work on developing the Business Case commenced in 2016 and it was subsequently approved by the Health Board in September 2017. Paveaways, a local Oswestry Contractor, were awarded the contract and work commenced in January 2018.
The re-development will enable the following:
- The dental service had been provided from a mobile unit in the car park at Corwen Health Centre for many years, and has re-located to one of the new dental surgeries in the Health Centre, providing 10 sessions per week from Monday – Friday.
- The Community Dental Service will provide a full-time Monday – Friday service from the second surgery, for the most vulnerable residents of Corwen and surrounding areas. Subject to successful recruitment of a dentist and therapist, it is envisaged that this service will be operational by the end of 2018.
- Re-development provides 2 additional consulting rooms for the GP practice, this means that the Practice can provide placements for 2 trainee doctors (ie, 2 x Year 5 Medical Students and a GP Trainee Registrar) at a time
- One clinical room has been designed specifically to enable one of the Partners to provide specialist Cardiology services in Corwen, under a GP with Extended Responsibility (GPWER) arrangement with the Health Board, instead of patients travelling to Wrexham or Glan Clwyd Hospital
- New spacious reception and waiting room – shared with Dental services
BCUHB / Shared Space
- Re-designed and re-fitted room for Health Visitors, to enable them to provide a service for families from the Health Centre
- Re-designed and re-fitted multi-purpose room for Physiotherapy and other therapies
- New multi-purpose treatment room
- Base for the District Nurses
- Improved telecommunications (WIFI based)
- Improved Staff facilities, with improved natural light, in the offices, kitchens and toilets
Services moved back in to the re-developed site on 15th October 2018.