Current status – 24 August 2022
The following Cardiology Outpatient Services are taking place for urgent patients:
Glan Clwyd Hospital
Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinics, Face to Face and Telephone Clinics - Glan Clwyd Hospital
Blood Pressure Testing - Glan Clwyd Hospital
Consultant Clinics - Telephone and face-to-face clinics
Heart Failure Clinics - Telephone clinics and face-to-face clinics continue to take place as well as in some community hospital sites.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinics - Telephone clinics and some face-to-face clinics continue to take place and some community hospital sites. Patients will also be issued with guidance manuals for remote sessions where appropriate. Some individual exercise assessments have also re-started where appropriate.
The following urgent and routine Cardiology Diagnostic Services are taking place at the sites indicated below:
• Echocardiogram appointments – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Face-to-face Pacing clinics – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Transoeophageal Echocardiogram (TOEs), Dobutatamine Stress Echocardiogram (DSE's) and Physical Stress Echocardiography (PSEs) – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Exercise Tolerance Tests (ETTs)- Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Elective Diagnostic Angiograms – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Elective Pacemakers – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Ambulatory Monitoring Clinics – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Implantable loop recorder (ILR) – Glan Clwyd Hospital
• Community heart failure diagnostic clinics – Denbigh Community Hospital, Royal Alex Hospital, Corwen Surgery and Holywell Hospital.
Consultant clinics have resumed and are being undertaken both virtually and face-to-face in YG and LLGH.
DC Cardioversion for atrial fibrillation resumed – Ysybyty Gwynedd
Wrexham Maelor Hospital
All clinics are ongoing for Cardiology due to nature of the patient’s conditions.
Community heart failure diagnostic clinics – Llay Surgery, Hope Surgery, Mold Hospital and Crane Surgery.